Entry tags:
May and June Goal Review
May and June were a lot of fun, and I think I did alright with maintaining my goals, although I did delay my May review by too much, so this is a two-in-one. Look below to see how I did with my goals over the last two months!
Yearly Goals
-On Duolingo, complete 15 units in German, 5 Gold units in Polish, and 5 Gold units in Hawaiian
--I have completed more German units in May and June, although I have not been doing a good job at keeping track of how many. I have made some progress on making Polish Gold, although I haven't done very much on Hawaiian yet.
-Practice German on weekdays and practice French, Esperanto, Polish, and Hawaiian on the weekend
--I have done German on the weekdays and have done okay at practising other languages on the weekend, although sometimes I have done German by mistake. I did also miss one day in June, because I waited too long and didn't squeak in practice before midnight.
-Do yoga every day except Mondays
--I only missed 3 days of yoga in May! I missed 7 days in June, which is not so good. Hopefully July is better, but I don't think I'm off to the best start so far, honestly.
-Do dishes Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays
--I missed roughly 4 days of dishes in May (out of 13) and 3 or 4 days in June (out of 13). This is not terrible for me, although I do need to be more consistent with this so that dishes don't pile up as much and I don't leave them for the other house members too often.
-Post 2nd and 4th Thursdays; make the Comfort Corner posts on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays
--I made all my posts in May, made my Thursday posts in June, but unfortunately forgot my Sunday posts for June. The first one must have slipped my mind completely, because I just realized I didn't make it. The second one I missed because it was the day I was coming home from vacation and I forgot to make time for it. July will be better.
-$X/week in savings
--Done for May and June.
-Donate to charity monthly
--Done in May. I seem to have forgotten June, so I doubled up in July to compensate for that.
-Practice flute twice a month
--I practised flute twice in May, playing the last few songs from my Women of Pop book, and playing a lot of songs from my Disney Soundtrack book. I only managed to practice once in June, playing 5 songs from my Disney soundtrack book.
-Go to a "Dark Sky Night" at Point Pelee
--This wasn't done in May or June, but there are plans to do this in July or August.
-Use my Christmas gifts
--The puzzle I did in June was a Christmas gift, but I don't think I used any others yet.
-Mark tasks daily
--I did alright with this in May and June. I didn't always mark things right away, but I usually did it within 2 or 3 days.
-Review goal progress for each month
--I did not post May's review, but June's is relatively on time.
April - June
-Read 5 books
--I read 2 books in April and 5 in May, plus I started 1 in June. In May, I read "A New Season," "Hunter's Law," "Dragon's Blood," "Never Too Hot," and "Zero to Sixty." I really enjoyed "A New Season" and "Dragon's Blood," although the other books were just average. In June, I read 4 of the new fanfics from QuantumBang, along with a few re-reads. I did start reading "Grimms' Fairy Tales" but I didn't finish that before the end of June. Overall, I'm very happy with how much reading I did. :)
-Water plants daily
--I did not succeed on this one, although we did get a decent amount of rain and I watered things a few times. Luckily most of our plants are hardy perennials that seem to do okay without lots of water.
-Weed the garden once a week
--I also did not do this, but I did weed a few times. I will try to do better in July.
-Take one walk a week
--Success in May! Success in June as well, including a Mudgirl run at the beginning of the month, and lots of sightseeing mid-month during our trip to Halifax.
-Cook twice a week
--I did not do this in May or June. I have a plan for July to alter some of my snacks and possibly my coffee habit, so hopefully I can move in the direction of eating better in the coming months.
-Take a "me" day on the 2nd Sundays
--I wasn't really deliberate with this in May or June, and I ended up with a lot of busy weekends. I will try to be better in July, especially as life has felt a bit busy lately.
-Medium or smaller coffees only, no coffee on the weekends
--I did better with my coffee goal in May and June, but I did still have a few times where I had coffees that I shouldn't have. 3 weekend coffees in May, but 2 were in a week where I skipped 2 weekday coffees, so it kind of balanced out. I also had 1 large coffee, and 2 days with 2 coffees, which is not ideal, but it isn't too bad. In June I had 3 weekend coffees, 1 weekday no coffee, 2 large coffees, and 2 2-coffee days, which is about equivalent to May. I feel like I did alright though, and I have a plan to help cut down on coffee in the next quarter, so we'll see how that goes.
-Finish baby blanket (April)
--Done in April!
-Cut fabric for my quilt
--I did not work on my quilt in May, but I did manage to visit my grandma which is more important and I have not done as much as I should have lately. I also made a pair of gloves in May, so I did do a crafting project, at least.
-Do a puzzle (June)
--I finished my puzzle in June. It was a lot of fun and came together fairly quickly.
--I did a lot of fun things in May and June. In May, I went to a fibre fair and nearby conservation area. It was a lot of fun, but rather cold, rainy and windy. In June, I did a Mudgirl race, which was fun and veryyyyy muddy. I had my engagement party, which my sister threw for me and was well done and very fun. I went to Halifax with my fiance, to visit his family and do some sight-seeing. It was a great experience with wonderful company, beautiful scenery, and lots of time for both fun and relaxing. I would love to go back one day and see more things. :D
-*Assess food and exercise goals to help with weight loss goal
---I didn't really change anything in May or June, but I now have a few snack adjustments to try and I'm going to try to have less coffee and walk more, so maybe that will help with my goal of being more healthy. Honestly, while losing a few pounds would be nice, I mostly want to focus on not eating too much junk (either excessive take-out or endless sweets) and being fit enough to easily function in day to day life (which I mostly am). We'll see how July goes, but I'm decently happy with this so far.
All in all, May and June were pretty good, and I'm going to try to improve a few things in July, and continue my momentum with the things that went well. See you all next month!
Yearly Goals
-On Duolingo, complete 15 units in German, 5 Gold units in Polish, and 5 Gold units in Hawaiian
--I have completed more German units in May and June, although I have not been doing a good job at keeping track of how many. I have made some progress on making Polish Gold, although I haven't done very much on Hawaiian yet.
-Practice German on weekdays and practice French, Esperanto, Polish, and Hawaiian on the weekend
--I have done German on the weekdays and have done okay at practising other languages on the weekend, although sometimes I have done German by mistake. I did also miss one day in June, because I waited too long and didn't squeak in practice before midnight.
-Do yoga every day except Mondays
--I only missed 3 days of yoga in May! I missed 7 days in June, which is not so good. Hopefully July is better, but I don't think I'm off to the best start so far, honestly.
-Do dishes Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays
--I missed roughly 4 days of dishes in May (out of 13) and 3 or 4 days in June (out of 13). This is not terrible for me, although I do need to be more consistent with this so that dishes don't pile up as much and I don't leave them for the other house members too often.
-Post 2nd and 4th Thursdays; make the Comfort Corner posts on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays
--I made all my posts in May, made my Thursday posts in June, but unfortunately forgot my Sunday posts for June. The first one must have slipped my mind completely, because I just realized I didn't make it. The second one I missed because it was the day I was coming home from vacation and I forgot to make time for it. July will be better.
-$X/week in savings
--Done for May and June.
-Donate to charity monthly
--Done in May. I seem to have forgotten June, so I doubled up in July to compensate for that.
-Practice flute twice a month
--I practised flute twice in May, playing the last few songs from my Women of Pop book, and playing a lot of songs from my Disney Soundtrack book. I only managed to practice once in June, playing 5 songs from my Disney soundtrack book.
-Go to a "Dark Sky Night" at Point Pelee
--This wasn't done in May or June, but there are plans to do this in July or August.
-Use my Christmas gifts
--The puzzle I did in June was a Christmas gift, but I don't think I used any others yet.
-Mark tasks daily
--I did alright with this in May and June. I didn't always mark things right away, but I usually did it within 2 or 3 days.
-Review goal progress for each month
--I did not post May's review, but June's is relatively on time.
April - June
-Read 5 books
--I read 2 books in April and 5 in May, plus I started 1 in June. In May, I read "A New Season," "Hunter's Law," "Dragon's Blood," "Never Too Hot," and "Zero to Sixty." I really enjoyed "A New Season" and "Dragon's Blood," although the other books were just average. In June, I read 4 of the new fanfics from QuantumBang, along with a few re-reads. I did start reading "Grimms' Fairy Tales" but I didn't finish that before the end of June. Overall, I'm very happy with how much reading I did. :)
-Water plants daily
--I did not succeed on this one, although we did get a decent amount of rain and I watered things a few times. Luckily most of our plants are hardy perennials that seem to do okay without lots of water.
-Weed the garden once a week
--I also did not do this, but I did weed a few times. I will try to do better in July.
-Take one walk a week
--Success in May! Success in June as well, including a Mudgirl run at the beginning of the month, and lots of sightseeing mid-month during our trip to Halifax.
-Cook twice a week
--I did not do this in May or June. I have a plan for July to alter some of my snacks and possibly my coffee habit, so hopefully I can move in the direction of eating better in the coming months.
-Take a "me" day on the 2nd Sundays
--I wasn't really deliberate with this in May or June, and I ended up with a lot of busy weekends. I will try to be better in July, especially as life has felt a bit busy lately.
-Medium or smaller coffees only, no coffee on the weekends
--I did better with my coffee goal in May and June, but I did still have a few times where I had coffees that I shouldn't have. 3 weekend coffees in May, but 2 were in a week where I skipped 2 weekday coffees, so it kind of balanced out. I also had 1 large coffee, and 2 days with 2 coffees, which is not ideal, but it isn't too bad. In June I had 3 weekend coffees, 1 weekday no coffee, 2 large coffees, and 2 2-coffee days, which is about equivalent to May. I feel like I did alright though, and I have a plan to help cut down on coffee in the next quarter, so we'll see how that goes.
-Finish baby blanket (April)
--Done in April!
-Cut fabric for my quilt
--I did not work on my quilt in May, but I did manage to visit my grandma which is more important and I have not done as much as I should have lately. I also made a pair of gloves in May, so I did do a crafting project, at least.
-Do a puzzle (June)
--I finished my puzzle in June. It was a lot of fun and came together fairly quickly.
--I did a lot of fun things in May and June. In May, I went to a fibre fair and nearby conservation area. It was a lot of fun, but rather cold, rainy and windy. In June, I did a Mudgirl race, which was fun and veryyyyy muddy. I had my engagement party, which my sister threw for me and was well done and very fun. I went to Halifax with my fiance, to visit his family and do some sight-seeing. It was a great experience with wonderful company, beautiful scenery, and lots of time for both fun and relaxing. I would love to go back one day and see more things. :D
-*Assess food and exercise goals to help with weight loss goal
---I didn't really change anything in May or June, but I now have a few snack adjustments to try and I'm going to try to have less coffee and walk more, so maybe that will help with my goal of being more healthy. Honestly, while losing a few pounds would be nice, I mostly want to focus on not eating too much junk (either excessive take-out or endless sweets) and being fit enough to easily function in day to day life (which I mostly am). We'll see how July goes, but I'm decently happy with this so far.
All in all, May and June were pretty good, and I'm going to try to improve a few things in July, and continue my momentum with the things that went well. See you all next month!