July Goal Review
Aug. 2nd, 2026 12:50 pmJuly was a busy month, a lot of it was fun but some, not so much. I think I did decently on my goals, although some of them still have room for improvement. For a detailed look at July, check behind the cut. :)
Yearly Goals
-On Duolingo, complete 15 units in German, 5 Gold units in Polish, and 5 Gold units in Hawaiian
--I finished a few more units of German, although I haven't done any gold units for Polish or Hawaiian.
-Practice German on weekdays and practice French, Esperanto, Polish, and Hawaiian on the weekend
--I've been pretty good about sticking to my practice schedule and I haven't missed any days. I also started Norwegian, which is fun.
-Do yoga every day except Mondays
--I missed 8 days of yoga in July, which is not ideal but also not too bad.
-Do dishes Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays
--I only missed two days of dishes in July, which is rather good for me. Hopefully I can keep that up in August.
-Post 2nd and 4th Thursdays; make the Comfort Corner posts on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays
--I made my first Thursday post, but forgot the second one because I didn't realize it was the third Thursday. I made both Comfort Corner posts this month.
-$X/week in savings
--Done for July.
-Donate to charity monthly
--Done in July.
-Practice flute twice a month
--I practised flute twice in July. I played 10 songs from my book of Popular Hits. Some of the songs sounded really good and I could tell what they were. Others definitely need more practice. XD
-Go to a "Dark Sky Night" at Point Pelee
--I was going to do this in July but ended up with other plans. There are plans to go in August, which will align with the Persied Meteor shower, which should be a lot of fun.
-Use my Christmas gifts
--I didn't use any Christmas gift this month.
-Mark tasks daily
--I did decently with this in July. I didn't manage every day, but usually within a day or two I marked things down.
-Review goal progress for each month
--The post for July will be posted on time. :D
July - September
-Read 3 books
--I finished Grimms' Fairytales in July and read three other books. I read "Comeback Cowboy," "Dragon's Milk," and "The Moon Blessed King." "Comeback Cowboy" was decent for a romance, but I found it lacking in plot. I enjoyed "Dragon's Milk." It was a young adult book about a girl who can talk to dragons and ends up taking care of hatchlings. It was a really good story. "The Moon Blessed King" was a sequel and I enjoyed it quite a lot. It was well written, had a mix of magic, politics, and hardship. I found it well balanced and fun to read.
-Water plants daily
--I didn't manage to do very well with this, but the plants still look okay. Yay for perennials!
-Weed the garden once a week
--I managed to weed 2 or 3 times this month, which is better than nothing.
-Take one walk a week
--I took four walks in July, but I think I accidentally missed one week. I'm still pretty happy with this goal.
-Cook twice a week
--I cooked once a week. This goal was intended to help me eat better on the weekends, but I haven't had much luck so far. I may need to try to reframe this goal.
-Take a "me" day on the 3rd Sundays
--I did have a me day on the 3rd Sunday, although the start of it was unfortunately spent hungover. I mamaged to still have a mostly relaxing day, but I would have much preferred to actually be able to do things with my me day that didn't involve trying to figure out how not to throw up.
-Medium or smaller coffees only, 4/week
--I had two large coffees in July (one of which was because the coffee shop made a large by mistake) and I had one week where I had five coffees. Overall, I'm very pleased with this goal, especially since the five coffee week was a stressful one. I dontlove using coffee as a coping mechanism, but there are definitely far worse ones to have.
-Treats on Saturdays only (July)
--Once I remembered that it was July, I actually did decently on this goal, although I did change it slightly. I decided to make it weekends only, and even then, I think I still had a treat one day during the week most weeks. Not perfect by any means, but the main goal here was to be more mindful about what I'm eating and how many snacks I'm eating. I think it was very successful on that front and I'm going to carry this goal into August.
-Go swimming (July/August)
--I went swimming at my grandma's early in July. It was a lot of fun.
--Fun things in July: My friends had an ice cream social, which was fun and delicious! There was a surprise bachelorette party for one of my coworkers which involved dancing and a little too much fun. Towards the end of the month, my fiance and I went to a local rodeo. I always enjoy seeing the skill events like roping, pole bending, and barrel racing, but the bucking events always make me so concerned that someone is going to get stomped on.
-*Assess food and exercise goals to help with weight loss goal
---I'm happy with the July goal for this, and I have two targets in August that I'm hopefully about reaching. I may need to add more exercise related goals though, if I want to actually loose weight by the end of the year.
All in all, July was a good month. I read multiple books, I started a baby blanket and a hat, and did a lot of fun things. Yard work was a bit neglected sadly, but I will continue trying in August. See you all next month!
Yearly Goals
-On Duolingo, complete 15 units in German, 5 Gold units in Polish, and 5 Gold units in Hawaiian
--I finished a few more units of German, although I haven't done any gold units for Polish or Hawaiian.
-Practice German on weekdays and practice French, Esperanto, Polish, and Hawaiian on the weekend
--I've been pretty good about sticking to my practice schedule and I haven't missed any days. I also started Norwegian, which is fun.
-Do yoga every day except Mondays
--I missed 8 days of yoga in July, which is not ideal but also not too bad.
-Do dishes Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays
--I only missed two days of dishes in July, which is rather good for me. Hopefully I can keep that up in August.
-Post 2nd and 4th Thursdays; make the Comfort Corner posts on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays
--I made my first Thursday post, but forgot the second one because I didn't realize it was the third Thursday. I made both Comfort Corner posts this month.
-$X/week in savings
--Done for July.
-Donate to charity monthly
--Done in July.
-Practice flute twice a month
--I practised flute twice in July. I played 10 songs from my book of Popular Hits. Some of the songs sounded really good and I could tell what they were. Others definitely need more practice. XD
-Go to a "Dark Sky Night" at Point Pelee
--I was going to do this in July but ended up with other plans. There are plans to go in August, which will align with the Persied Meteor shower, which should be a lot of fun.
-Use my Christmas gifts
--I didn't use any Christmas gift this month.
-Mark tasks daily
--I did decently with this in July. I didn't manage every day, but usually within a day or two I marked things down.
-Review goal progress for each month
--The post for July will be posted on time. :D
July - September
-Read 3 books
--I finished Grimms' Fairytales in July and read three other books. I read "Comeback Cowboy," "Dragon's Milk," and "The Moon Blessed King." "Comeback Cowboy" was decent for a romance, but I found it lacking in plot. I enjoyed "Dragon's Milk." It was a young adult book about a girl who can talk to dragons and ends up taking care of hatchlings. It was a really good story. "The Moon Blessed King" was a sequel and I enjoyed it quite a lot. It was well written, had a mix of magic, politics, and hardship. I found it well balanced and fun to read.
-Water plants daily
--I didn't manage to do very well with this, but the plants still look okay. Yay for perennials!
-Weed the garden once a week
--I managed to weed 2 or 3 times this month, which is better than nothing.
-Take one walk a week
--I took four walks in July, but I think I accidentally missed one week. I'm still pretty happy with this goal.
-Cook twice a week
--I cooked once a week. This goal was intended to help me eat better on the weekends, but I haven't had much luck so far. I may need to try to reframe this goal.
-Take a "me" day on the 3rd Sundays
--I did have a me day on the 3rd Sunday, although the start of it was unfortunately spent hungover. I mamaged to still have a mostly relaxing day, but I would have much preferred to actually be able to do things with my me day that didn't involve trying to figure out how not to throw up.
-Medium or smaller coffees only, 4/week
--I had two large coffees in July (one of which was because the coffee shop made a large by mistake) and I had one week where I had five coffees. Overall, I'm very pleased with this goal, especially since the five coffee week was a stressful one. I dontlove using coffee as a coping mechanism, but there are definitely far worse ones to have.
-Treats on Saturdays only (July)
--Once I remembered that it was July, I actually did decently on this goal, although I did change it slightly. I decided to make it weekends only, and even then, I think I still had a treat one day during the week most weeks. Not perfect by any means, but the main goal here was to be more mindful about what I'm eating and how many snacks I'm eating. I think it was very successful on that front and I'm going to carry this goal into August.
-Go swimming (July/August)
--I went swimming at my grandma's early in July. It was a lot of fun.
--Fun things in July: My friends had an ice cream social, which was fun and delicious! There was a surprise bachelorette party for one of my coworkers which involved dancing and a little too much fun. Towards the end of the month, my fiance and I went to a local rodeo. I always enjoy seeing the skill events like roping, pole bending, and barrel racing, but the bucking events always make me so concerned that someone is going to get stomped on.
-*Assess food and exercise goals to help with weight loss goal
---I'm happy with the July goal for this, and I have two targets in August that I'm hopefully about reaching. I may need to add more exercise related goals though, if I want to actually loose weight by the end of the year.
All in all, July was a good month. I read multiple books, I started a baby blanket and a hat, and did a lot of fun things. Yard work was a bit neglected sadly, but I will continue trying in August. See you all next month!
no subject
Date: 2026-08-03 01:08 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-08-04 09:26 pm (UTC)