fuzzyred: Me wearing my fuzzy red bathrobe. (Default)
[personal profile] fuzzyred
August was a pretty good month. There were fun things going on and my goals went pretty well. There were also a few family challenges, but I think everything is on the upswing now. For a detailed look at how August went, look behind the cut.


Yearly Goals
-On Duolingo, complete 15 units in German, 5 Gold units in Polish, and 5 Gold units in Hawaiian
--I finished a few more units of German, although I haven't done any gold units for Polish or Hawaiian.

-Practice German on weekdays and practice French, Esperanto, Polish, and Hawaiian on the weekend
--I've been pretty good about sticking to my practice schedule and I haven't missed any days. I have been continuing Norwegian and doing my best not to forget my old languages.

-Do yoga every day except Mondays
--I missed 6 days of yoga in August. That is better than July, but still not great. I'm going to keep trying though.

-Do dishes Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays
--I missed a lot of days for dishes this month. I'll have to try to do better next month.

-Post 2nd and 4th Thursdays; make the Comfort Corner posts on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays
--I made all of my posts this month!

-$X/week in savings
--Done for August.

-Donate to charity monthly
--Done in August.

-Practice flute twice a month
--I practiced twice this month. I played 5 songs from my book of Pop Hits and 6 songs from my book of Easy Rock. I was able to recognize almost all the easy rock songs as I played them, which is a nice feeling. :)

-Go to a "Dark Sky Night" at Point Pelee
--My fiance and I went to a Dark Sky Night in August! It coincided with the Perseid meteor shower, so it was really cool. There were all kinds of stars in the sky, and we saw a few really cool meteors. :D

-Use my Christmas gifts
--I didn't use any Christmas gift this month.

-Mark tasks daily
--I've mostly been keeping up with this as I go, so I'm pleased with that.

-Review goal progress for each month
--The August review will be on time! I think my track record is decent for the year so far, so I'm going to try to keep that going.

July - September
-Read 3 books
--I read "Finding Flora" in August. It was a book set in the early 1900s about a femalr Scottish immigrant who claims a free strip of land in Alberta and starts farming. It's a bit different than my normal reads, but I enjoyed it a lot. Even though it is fiction, the author did a relatively good job with historical accuracy and I learned a lot of things.

-Water plants daily
--I didn't really do this one, unfortunately.

-Weed the garden once a week
--I got out and did weeding 5 or 6 times this month and almost managed at least once a week, so this is better than it was last month.

-Take one walk a week
--It looks like I forgot to do this one of the weeks, but I did take 6 walks this month, so I'm still pretty happy with that.

-Cook twice a week
--I did not do this, although I am still cooking once a week.

-Take a "me" day on the 3rd Sundays
--I'm not sure if I took a me day on the 3rd Sunday, but the 30th was definitely a day where I just took time for myself and did what I wanted to do, so I'm calling this one a success.

-Medium or smaller coffees only, 4/week
--This one was kind of mixed this month. The first week, I met this goal. The second week, it looks like I only had 2 coffees, which is very surprising and possibly a clerical error. The third week I had 8 coffees, which is really not good but it was a stressful week and my willpower failed. The fourth week, I did have only 4 coffees, but I had two in one day, which I try to avoid. Hopefully September will be a bit more consistent.

-Treats on Saturdays only (August)
--I was not completely succesful in August, but I did try to be more mindful with what I was eating. I think I'm going to continue this one going forward.

-Go swimming (July/August)
--I did this in August!

Two weight workouts a week (August)
--I had two weeks with only one workout, one week with no workouts and one week with two workouts. This didn't go as well as I wanted, but it could have been a lot worse.

--Fun things in August: My sister had an Aperil Spritz pool party that was a lot of fun, my fiance and I went to a Dark Sky Night to see a lot of stars and meteors, and we went for a horseback ride which was a lot of fun. I also finished making a baby blanket and it turned out really well!

-*Assess food and exercise goals to help with weight loss goal
---This goal isn't going as well as I hoped. I don't think I have a structured enough plan, so my weight is staying mostly steady. While this is better than it going up, I really would like to loose about 10 pounds, so I may need to figure something else out.

All in all, August was a good month and I'm pleased with my progress on my goals. I have room for improvement in September, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Have a great month everybody!

Date: 2026-09-02 01:44 am (UTC)
arthur_p_dent: (Default)
From: [personal profile] arthur_p_dent
Love that you're keeping up with everything. Keep striving! =]

Profile

fuzzyred: Me wearing my fuzzy red bathrobe. (Default)
fuzzyred

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 9th, 2026 01:19 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios